Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit Freezes Cold 2 weeks After Install On the Daily

WestMetro

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Yo dudes.

So. Installed Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit fresh on to a formatted Corsair Force LS 60gb SSD about two weeks ago alongside a RAID 0 consisting of two 160 gb 7200 rpm HDDs.

Install worked perfectly until today (I had been having this same freezing issue on my previous install of Windows 7 HP 64bit). The freezing happens like this (on both OSes): I have to constantly move my mouse around during boot up or the system will freeze. When it freezes the mouse will not move, and the keyboard will not input, and it requires a hard reboot. Right now I have Chrome open and some of my startup programs (will list if requested). As soon as I open Skype or Steam or FL Studio or anything the system freezes completely. Even when I was backing up some important things from the RAID drive (since initially I was going to reinstall and thought I had lost all my data on the RAID, which had happened before) and I had a few transfers going to a USB 3.0 WD Elements 1 tb it froze.

I've tried cleaning the registry with CCleaner, defragging the RAID drive with Defraggler (although I need to finish that because it froze during that as well). I've tried using multiple built in MS troubleshooters. Ran rkill and Malwarebytes just to make sure. But these were all suggested by other posts I read on other forums, and non of them were about my specific problem. I can't seem to find any resources relating to a complete freeze like mine. I've also tried to reinstall the same 8.1 version (I have it on disk) but it says it's missing a media driver and I no idea how to fix that.

Every time I can't find my mouse I think it's frozen v_v

Here's my full specs (with all peripherals):

AMD FX-8350
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
MSI GTX 660 TwinFrozr III
8 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333
60 GB Corsair Force LS
320 GB RAID 0 2x 160 GB (no idea what brand)
1 TB WD Elements External
Corsair CX750M
Generic DVD+-RW
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Casio LK-230
Generic Dell rubberdome keyboard
Razer Naga 2011

Think that's it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THAAAAAAANKS!