Question Windows 8.1 "toolbars" menu missing from taskbar

Mightyena

Honorable
Oct 21, 2014
So I was attempting to install BatteryBar on my laptop (A Thinkpad T440p), running Windows 8.1, and it didn't show up. The instructions say to right click the taskbar, and go to the "toolbars" menu, however no such option exists. How can I make it show up, so I can add the batterybar to my taskbar?
Thanks

Did you try unlock the taskbar? Try right clicking on different parts of the taskbar.

Also try this.

Click star menu and type gpedit.msc in the search box, press enter. Then you will see Local Group Policy Editor form. Click User Configuration ->Adiministrative Templates ->start menu and taskbar. Find Remove pinned programs from the taskbar and Remove pinned programs list from the start menu in the setting list. Have these two setting been setting to enable? If so, change the settings to disable or not configured, this will let the “pin” item show again. https://superuser.com/questions/790...ck-menu-on-the-taskbar-missing-for-some-icons

There some other restrictions that may need to be disabled, including "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar".

Last edited: