Windows 8.1 upgrades?

Angrinarwhal

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I read online that if i have windows 8 right now i will get windows 8.1 for free, but i couldnt find anywhere that said if i have windows 8 pro now i will get windows 8.1 pro.
Can anyone tell me if I will go from windows 8 pro to windows 8.1 normal or to windows 8.1 pro
thanks

Solution
The free upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 will indeed keep the version of your existing software. If you have Windows 8, you will be upgraded to Windows 8.1. If you have Windows 8 Professional, you will be upgraded to Windows 8.1 Professional, and the same goes for RT and Enterprise that they will be upgraded to like versions. If you have Windows 8 and you would like to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Professional, you will need to purchase the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack which facilitates adding the features of Professional to Windows 8.1. Details on the various versions of 8.1 available for sale are provided here at Blogging Windows.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
The free upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 will indeed keep the version of your existing software. If you have Windows 8, you will be upgraded to Windows 8.1. If you have Windows 8 Professional, you will be upgraded to Windows 8.1 Professional, and the same goes for RT and Enterprise that they will be upgraded to like versions. If you have Windows 8 and you would like to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Professional, you will need to purchase the Windows 8.1 Pro Pack which facilitates adding the features of Professional to Windows 8.1. Details on the various versions of 8.1 available for sale are provided here at Blogging Windows.

Solution