Windows 8 installation failure

fernando2442

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
on the part where it asks, "Where do you want to install Windows?"
and it says I can't install it in the 1 driver I have "Drive 0 Unallocated Space 465.8 GB free/total"

it says I cannot install it. "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300001. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may soon fail. If other hard disk are available, install Windows to another location." I've been trying tot do this for days... I have no operating system so I cant load anything up. Im using the bootable windows 8 USB on a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5110. Can I get any help to fix this?

Solution
From this and your other post, it sounds like you have a failing HDD (Windows is even calling it out). I would try and get a different HDD to work with and see if that works.
Is the hard drive blank? I have had scenarios where Windows didn't like the partitions on the drive, and all partitions had to be removed prior to installing Windows to the drive. I have used KillDisk (http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm) to write all "0" to the drive (this is similar to a low level format in the old days). I am not sure why this happens...

fernando2442

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

yes, everything is blank. How do you supposed this can be fixed? (can you specify in steps?)