Windows 8, RT, IE10 to Receive Further Critical Patches

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So you can size these windows to take up 1/4 of the screen and still see what is in each window at the same time and see the task bar at all times, and can click the mouse on the taskbar to instantly switch between the 4 open screens and any other task with the mouse, and minimise any screen with one click of the mouse! Having 20 apps open is different than having them visable and switchable at one click of the mouse with a taskbar, no typing keyboard shortcuts and such! Can I resize these 20 windows to be visable all at the same time, or do I have to jump through loops of slide this, to reveal this, buy hovering over some screen that is more than one click away? Windows 8 only allowes 2 windows to be visable on the screen at any one time, and it takes more than one click to make any other screen visable!
so edit that 2 windows open at the same time to more than 2 windows viewable at the same time, beacuse having an application running and having it viewable are not the same, and I am a one click fan, as is anyone who need to do any productive multiTasking!

G

I do not Know what M$ thinks it is doing, but it is going to have to give up on forcing the windows 8 UI on anyone who need the windows 7 productive UI on new hardware, who are not enterprise customers! Windows 7 will not go away, and windows 8 belongs on Tablets and Phones! There are many home based graphics and other businesses that need to be Productive, or they may not remain in business!

[citation][nom]LawsuitsWillFollow[/nom]I do not Know what M$ thinks it is doing, but it is going to have to give up on forcing the windows 8 UI on anyone who need the windows 7 productive UI on new hardware, who are not enterprise customers! Windows 7 will not go away, and windows 8 belongs on Tablets and Phones! There are many home based graphics and other businesses that need to be Productive, or they may not remain in business![/citation]

If you're spending 98% of your time clicking on icons in your start menu then Windows is not the source of your productivity issues.

G

More proof that Microsoft is incompetent at their core business of writing software, and that closed-source proprietary software in general is a failure.

IE6 was such a turd that it still has these kind of security holes, even Microsoft has sunk billions of dollars and countless man hours into it, and apparently IE10 still leverages IE6 code.

Thank goodness Linux has real security, otherwise we'd have no internet if all of the web servers of the world(nearly all run Linux, of course) were as vulnerable as a Windows machine... A Windows machine is only remotely safe when it's hiding behind Linux DMZ servers and a Linux proxy server is filtering what MIME types and websites it can access. Plug a Windows box directly into your cable modem, count to 5, and it will already have a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.