Windows 98 wont install

Jun 6, 2018
Hey,
I have a old Lenovo PC, it has Intel Celeron, 1gb ram, 80gb hdd. I want to install Windows 98 on it but the only problem I have is when I try to install Windows there is just a black screen after presing enter to install windows. The drive is formated to FAT32, and everything works except when I press enter to install windows it says Prepairing to Install or smth like that and there is just a black screen after that. Any suggestions what I can do?

Jun 6, 2018

Its not a laptop its like a compact pc that you put a monitor on top.. i dont know the exact model number because the computer is at my school.. and yes the windows 98 disk is original

Jun 6, 2018

Well, I installed windows xp without any problems and it worked perfectly. I have changed the hard drive 3 times and still doesnt work. I tried on 2 different computers and same thing happend, black screen after pressing to install Windows.

Jun 6, 2018

Its a windows 98 se disk. When I boot the windows from cd it doesnt even try to install. I did format the drive correctly. When I try to run setup.exe from the disk just a black screen appears.