Question Windows AND General Update Problem. [Error 0x80246013] / [Error 0x800703f1]

Jul 3, 2019
Hello, I've been having this particular issue for a while. It seems it only affects my hardware updates, and sometimes Windows Updates (or it may still be doing that).

I've googled this extensively, coming across solution to solution.

I've tried Windows Troubleshooter, which gives me a "Database corruption" error. It attempts to fix it with no result.

I've tried manually fixing the updates folder, turning off the services, etc.

I've tried SFC /Scannow. No problems detected.

I had "Unknown drivers" that were related to DS4Windows / SCP Toolkit ( I think anyways, because I had to system restore in relation to these drivers once because it caused DS4 Windows to no longer work), which I had removed manually from the device manager, which I had originally thought was causing problems but it still persists. I am short from just trying to reinstall windows at this point.

It's been a problem for probably 3 months now, other than what is described above, my computer runs fine.

d2CMnwz.png

That is a screenshot of the errors. I couldn't get all of it in one window.

I don't know what more else to try at this point. I removed my controller, because I read it could be because of hardware connected, but that's all I have connected aside from peripherals (mouse, keyboard, 2x monitor.)

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
My standard advice in a situation like this is to run a repair install (or actual upgrade install if you don't have the ISO for the version of Windows you're currently running).

Take your pick of one of the following three instruction sets - they all achieve the same end:

Non-Destructive Repair of Windows 10 - Answers to commonly asked questions

Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files

How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Jul 3, 2019
Okay, so I resorted to resetting my PC. I come back home after going out and it failed. Giving me the usual message "Windows could not complete the updates. Undoing changes" message I always get now when turning my computer on. Resetting my PC seems to have failed as well and I will try a USB boot this time.

This is seriously a bizaree problem and I could really use some help diagnosing what the hell is wrong. It's like my PC is in some selective limbo where only certain programs and such can update and things that are vital such as drivers can't. all my research seems to imply this problem is driver/hardware related. All my hardware seems to be performing fine. What the heck is going on?

Jul 3, 2019
FYI: FOR ANYONE WITH THIS ERROR, You have no choice but to reinstall your OS. I had to reformat and remove ALL of my partitions on my HDD. There was no other choice. If anyone ends up here searching these error codes, this is the ONLY fix.