WIndows apps broken?

joshmoyer

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
So, I installed a program, albeit from a shady source. As soon as the installer finished, It launched internet explorer, chrome, firefox ( never even installed it?) and my computer freaked out so I quickly shut it down, boot into safe mode, and removed the programs manually. Booted into normal windows, and my PC seemed fine. But I soon discovered that none of the windows 10 apps, (you know, the ones from the store that everybody hates? Yeah I use those) including the store, would start. They all give me this error saying that the application can't is launched using the administrator account, and to try using another one. (I'm the only one using this computer, so there's only one account, and it's mine) I haven't tried creating a new account because I can't see how that could fix it. Is this a common problem? Or am I just stuck reinstalling windows and all my drivers?

joshmoyer

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

Personally. I hate antivirus and malware removal tools. They're either crappy or pester you to buy them and honestly in 3 years this is the only problem I've had. If you can recommend something that might fix this. That'd be great