Windows 10 has recently slowed down to a crawl involving only system related actions. For example;
- Launching an .exe file will freeze whatever window I attempt to launch it on for up to 30+ minutes before finally launching. If launching at all. This includes the windows explorer and browsers such as Firefox/Chrome.
- Booting and logging into the computer can take upward to 20 minutes, but computer runs smoothly once logged in.
- Windows related Apps like Mail will no longer load emails received at all, and will simply load infinitely.
- Windows Update takes a long while to detect any required updates needed, it took me two tries and a restart to get it to show anything at all.
- Updating Windows (how I learned it was being slow)
- Restarting computer
- Running Virus Scan (Avast/Malwarebytes)
- Editing Registry (as suggested in several posts I read)
- Running a Scan through cmd (sfc /scannow)