windows Automatic Maintenance, what did it does?

Tama Handika

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Hello all,

I have a problem about the windwos 8's automatic maintenance. My computer keeps lagging and even cant be turned off so i disabled it in the task scheduler.

Will my computer be hurt if the maintenance is turned off forever?

Solution
basically you need a program for disk cleanup.windows has its own.i use ccleaner. you will also need to do a disk defrag once in awhile.windows 7 and 8 dont seem to need this as much as say xp did.i usually just analyze the fragmentation and if it is over say 5% i run the defragger.windows defragger is all you really need and its on your machine.software updates is another thing your automatic maintenance does.dont know what you use for antivirus (hopefully not norton),but avast free has an app that does this.windows automatic updates can also be turned off,only if you are savvy enough to check and install updates yourself regularly.spyware and malware programs are also handy.ie superantispyware and malwarebytes. hope this helps.
not at all.this just means you will have to perform such things as disk cleanup,defragging etc manually by yourself.personally i disable any automatic features,even windows update.check and see what you had set to run automatically and this will tell you what you have to take care of yourself.

Tama Handika

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Do you know how to check automatic maintenance to do list?so i can maintenance it my self by using another software.

basically you need a program for disk cleanup.windows has its own.i use ccleaner. you will also need to do a disk defrag once in awhile.windows 7 and 8 dont seem to need this as much as say xp did.i usually just analyze the fragmentation and if it is over say 5% i run the defragger.windows defragger is all you really need and its on your machine.software updates is another thing your automatic maintenance does.dont know what you use for antivirus (hopefully not norton),but avast free has an app that does this.windows automatic updates can also be turned off,only if you are savvy enough to check and install updates yourself regularly.spyware and malware programs are also handy.ie superantispyware and malwarebytes. hope this helps.

Solution