Windows BCD not showing

brandonl2748

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
So just yesterday I received my new SSD in the mail and my intentions for it were to migrate my Windows 10 OS from my existing 1TB HDD to my new SSD. Just for those faster boot times and such. I used a software called EaseUS and used the "Clone" function to clone all windows files and my applications to the new SSD.

Once it finished cloning, I turned off my PC, unplugged the original HDD, and booted to the Windows Boot Manager on the SSD. It started booting just fine, then windows gave me an error code of 0xc0000225.

I then put windows 10 installation media onto a usb drive, booted to repair options and did startup repair. But that completed saying "Startup repair could not repair your PC automatically" I tried going into command prompt to rebuild the BCD and that did not detect any windows installations. So now I think maybe something happened in the cloning process that caused this..

I removed the SSD and put my original HDD back in, booted to that, and got the error code 0xc0000001. When I rebuilt the BCD on this drive, it detected a windows installation and when I was prompted with "adding this to an installation list press Y(Yes) N(No) A(All)" I pressed yes and an error mssage occured...

I'm at a complete loss of what to to at this point, system repair didn't work on my HDD either and everytime I try to rebuild the BCD now, no windows installations show up. Hopefully I can just get my main drive working again and find another way to move my OS to my SSD. Or if I could get my SSD to work without needing my HDD (since it has basically all the same file as the hard drive does) that would be great too.

-Any help is greatly appreciated

Solution

There should be a graphical interface if booting from the eadybcd system. 99pct certain[/quotemsg]

After I copied the win 10 iso to the flash drive and used the easyBCD software to "Install BCD" i got the screen asking to select windows 10 or windows recovery when I booted to my usb.[/quotemsg]

Use easy bcd, then just boot to the drive you've fixed, no USB win 10 needed.

brandonl2748

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

brandonl2748

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

I've created my flash drive into a bootable interface, but each time I boot to it, I get the error message "The Boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system"

Note: I did select Yes when EasyBCD asked if "I want to load the newly-created BCD store into EasyBCD"

brandonl2748

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

Well I have tried rebuilding the BCD from scratch, but even after I got the windows installation to show up on both drives with easyBCD, I still got the same errors on them. Im just curious as to if I used it wrong. Is there supposed to be an interface when you boot to the drive? Or do you just go into startup repair and let that to its thing

There should be a graphical interface if booting from the eadybcd system. 99pct certain

brandonl2748

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
[/quotemsg]

There should be a graphical interface if booting from the eadybcd system. 99pct certain[/quotemsg]

After I copied the win 10 iso to the flash drive and used the easyBCD software to "Install BCD" i got the screen asking to select windows 10 or windows recovery when I booted to my usb.

After I copied the win 10 iso to the flash drive and used the easyBCD software to "Install BCD" i got the screen asking to select windows 10 or windows recovery when I booted to my usb.[/quotemsg]

Use easy bcd, then just boot to the drive you've fixed, no USB win 10 needed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS