Windows BSOD 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Jkray97

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
I recently purchased an AMD R9 390X to replace my 980 (long story there) and it seems like a swell GPU (minus the awful default fan curve). There was an instance where I was attempting to play GTA V and it took a LONG time to load the initial textures and the game itself, just now I walked away from my computer to take my dogs out and when I came back up and woke the computer up it had that error on it. Since then I have ran a memory check, attempted to test the VRAM (though I believe MemtestCL has issues with AMD cards), ran Heaven benchmark for an hour, and have done a disk check and repair. Nothing has been suspicious. Heaven did crash the first time it booted up but I had it set to a weird resolution, after switching to 1080p it didn't do it again. Will I have to RMA something in my system or was this a weird one off issue? I would hate to have to RMA my brand new 390x because besides that I really have loved it.

Solution
Sounds like you didn't clean your driver installs. This is one case where I highly recommend DDU to clean up the nvidia and amd drivers before you reinstall the newest amd drivers