Windows button and taskbar are in the bottom and can't be shown in the screen

bxzel

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Okay so my younger cousin and his classmates borrowed my laptop yesterday and I opened it today and this happens before I boot it up I saw something strange as in the windows start up there are different registries being automatically updated, after it booted up it only the screen only shows the upper to middle part I can access the start menu and taskbar but I can't see them on the screen as they are in the bottom part. I don't think it's a screen resolution problem because I checked it and it is perfectly normal.

This is literally all I can see in my laptop right now.
10954766_787258121329080_6054288215695533363_n.jpg

Solution
Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Taskbar and Start Menu, check to make sure that the taskbar isn't auto-hiding

I'm not sure what your little buddies did to your computer (I don't think the above fix can account for what I see in the screenshot), is it possible for you to system restore to before they messed with it?

Entomber

Admirable
Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Taskbar and Start Menu, check to make sure that the taskbar isn't auto-hiding

I'm not sure what your little buddies did to your computer (I don't think the above fix can account for what I see in the screenshot), is it possible for you to system restore to before they messed with it?

Solution