WINDOWS cannot detect networking hardware

Irgelod

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I was updating my Killer Network E2200 drivers and then after it was completed, windows could no longer detect my ethernet cable.
I've tried installing multiple versions of the driver, even the latest, and had no luck. My BIOS can detect the ethernet cable and the cable is not broken since I tried it on my laptop. The device manager also lists it as working properly. When I try to set up a connection the list for adapters is blank.
Motherboard: Z87-G45
Windows 10
Please help a brother out :D

Irgelod

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015

When I'm in Network and Sharing Center, I select Set Up a New Connection or Network and then Connect to the internet. After I press next it'll tell me Windows does not detect networking hardware even though my MB picks up the ethernet cable. It's kinda irrelevant.

So you are trying to connect directly to a modem without a router? Without a DHCP server/router? I still don't get it! Please open a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all and post the result here.

Irgelod

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name .......: MyPC
Primary Dns Suffix.........:
Node Type..................: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled.......: Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled....: No

I use a TP-LINK Archer D7 and it used to work fine before I updated the driver.

You can try that, but if that does not work, you may need to go back to 7 or 8.1 to get things working. Eventually, almost all of the drivers will get updated. But Microsoft rushed Windows 10 big time. Microsoft also plans to drop a big update in November to try to fix a lot of the problems and bugs. No clue on what will be fixed yet though.

I don't see the important part: the ip address the PC got from the router? Ther should be at least the Windows generated 164.xxx address.