Question Windows cannot find 'C:/program files\AMD\CNext/CNext\AMDRSServ.exe error message?

bhavick

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

I am currently running Microsoft Windows 10 Home running version: 0.0.19041 Build 19041

For the last couple of days every time i start my PC up i get the following error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:/program files\AMD\CNext/CNext\AMDRSServ.exe

This error is now starting to happen across many more programs on my PC that i am trying to open such as Speccy, regedit the only difference is the error is for that particular program but the message is the same. I don't know what's caused this or how to fix if anyone can offer any solutions?

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I am currently running Microsoft Windows 10 Home running version: 0.0.19041 Build 19041

For the last couple of days every time i start my PC up i get the following error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:/program files\AMD\CNext/CNext\AMDRSServ.exe

This error is now starting to happen across many more programs on my PC that i am trying to open such as Speccy, regedit the only difference is the error is for that particular program but the message is the same. I don't know what's caused this or how to fix if anyone can offer any solutions?

Thanks
From what I can find, that executable is part of the AMD Radeon graphics software. Do you have an AMD graphics card? Or an AMD "G" processor?

kanewolf

Titan

lindstrom

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I had the same error along with other errors, my PC would also bluescreen. I resolved it by first downloading the latest drivers from AMDs website, uninstalled the amd graphics drivers using Device Manager, I also had to delete the AMD folder on C: the first uninstall didnt correctly clean the folder, then reboot and reinstall the drivers.