Windows cannot verify signature?

Jan 17, 2019
Recently, I've been having this problem with my graphics and when I pull up the properties for the display adapter, I get this message in the status box:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This problem started after installing windows updates. My computer hadn't been updated in a long time so there were a lot to install. Problem is, I'm not tech savvy at all and I don't know how to figure out what might have gone wrong. I don't really want to uninstall the updates because my computer's working a lot better now (it used to move at glacial speeds). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I've tried, now and in the past when it was working fine, to update the driver, but Windows just says it's already up to date. I tried following this tutorial: http:// to disable signature enforcement but hit a dead end in that 1) there is no disable secure boot option in the BIOS and 2) when attempting to use the bcedit command in the command prompt, I just get a message saying "'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."

My PC is a Gateway, model NV52L, running Windows 7 Home Premium.
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7520G

Please help.

Solution
Go Here

Under Select My Product From A List and Group, click on Notebooks.
Under Series, scroll down and click on NV Series.
Under Products, scroll down and click on NV52L.
From the Operating System drop down, select the appropriate Windows 7 version (either 32-bit or 64-bit).

This will give you a list of available drivers. Click the Download link for VGA.
Unzip the download and execute the Setup Program to install the appropriate driver.

-Wolf sends
Jan 17, 2019

I'm not trying to download anything new, it's the same driver I've been using and that's worked just fine before. It's only after installing Windows updates that this problem began. According to my computer, the driver software is up to date.

The thing is, I play a lot of video games on my PC so a working graphics card + drivers is a must.

Jan 17, 2019

As far as I can tell, the graphics card is NOT working at all. In device manager, it's got a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and the "cannot verify signature" message shows up in the device status box.

When I try to play any of my games, they crash at launch with an error message. I don't have the exact message though as I'm currently away from my computer.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Go Here

Under Select My Product From A List and Group, click on Notebooks.
Under Series, scroll down and click on NV Series.
Under Products, scroll down and click on NV52L.
From the Operating System drop down, select the appropriate Windows 7 version (either 32-bit or 64-bit).

This will give you a list of available drivers. Click the Download link for VGA.
Unzip the download and execute the Setup Program to install the appropriate driver.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 17, 2019

That looks to have done it. Thank you so much for your help!