Windows cant find hard drive when installing

dominique buckner

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Ok so let me explain what happened up to this and maybe it will help with answers. My windows froze one day and wouldnt let me do anything so I just did hard shutdown. Turn it back on and during the boot it shows a BSOD after the acer logo and says missing files or something and gives error 0x0000185 so i do some google-jitsu and basically find out i need to get a installation media on a flash drive and use that to repair it. I do that and basically try to use the repair option and it doesnt work. so I figure ok maybe I can just wipe everything and just reinstall windows 8.1.

So I start the process up and by my stupid mistake my laptop ends up turning off during the process when it is formatting the hard drive and stuff like that. So I plug it back up and turn it back on but now It cant seem to find the hard drive at all. It says something like no bootable device now when i turn it on and when i use the installation media it cant find my hard drive. Tried using cmd prompt and scandisk to see if it could see it there but nothing. Not sure what to do at this point.

Laptop is Acer Aspire E-15 and i can give more detailed information if that helps.