Question Windows can't fully load with a 2nd GPU

Aug 5, 2021
So the issue is that i have 2 GPU's, one is connected to the regular pciex16 slot and the other over a pciex 1 slot. Now for some reason the system will start but Windows loading gets stuck right before i'm prompted to login into the system. But as soon as I disconnect the usb side on the riser to unplug the second gpu, the system loads properly into the logon.
The motherboard has 2x Pciex slots but I can't connect the 3060ti because the coller for the 3080 obstructs the 2nd slot. So i'm forced to use the Pciex1 slot so that it can mine in free time. I've tried stuff like switching the Pciex4 to 3 in BIOS, increased the page file, tried to unistall and reinstall the drivers. Also when the drivers are unistalled the Windows load in but as soon as I try to install the drivers, I lose the display.
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: 1st RTX 3080, and the one causing troubles RTX 3060ti
RAM: 32GB at 3600 Gskill Trident Z
MOBO: B550m Steel Legend
PSU: Gigabyte P750GM

Immediately stop trying this on that garbage power supply before you fry your expensive hardware and watch this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

You need to replace that piece of junk with a good quality power supply because you are overloading this system totally. I'm presuming you want to mine, hence wanting the second graphics card. Well, if you have the funds to buy a 3080 AND a 3060ti, you have the funds to get a decent unit.

If you link to the webshop you're using and provide a budget, people here will be able to offer recommendations. But that power supply has to go, and quickly. I would not run a single 3080 on it.

Aug 5, 2021
Immediately stop trying this on that garbage power supply before you fry your expensive hardware and watch this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

You need to replace that piece of junk with a good quality power supply because you are overloading this system totally. I'm presuming you want to mine, hence wanting the second graphics card. Well, if you have the funds to buy a 3080 AND a 3060ti, you have the funds to get a decent unit.

If you link to the webshop you're using and provide a budget, people here will be able to offer recommendations. But that power supply has to go, and quickly. I would not run a single 3080 on it.
Yeah, I do know about all of that gigabyte debacle with this particular psu, and I've had no problems with it. To be fair i thought about replacing it very soon.

Yeah, I do know about all of that gigabyte debacle with this particular psu, and I've had no problems with it. To be fair i thought about replacing it very soon.

No problems with it, yet.

Even if you had a decent brand unit, 750w is too low for running both of those cards and the rest of your system. I'd be looking at at least a good 850w unit but even then I'd prefer 1kW and upwards for two cards, even if they are only mining. Only my opinion though, which you can take at face value.

You're a brave man, I wouldn't have that Gigabyte unit anywhere near a 3080.

But that's your choice.