Question Windows check disk on startup

Dec 25, 2020
Recently i discovered that my pc was doing hard drive scans every time i logged on. I read up on the issue and found it was potentially a couple things. One was that my hard drives were actually having issue and so i scanned them manually with the chkdsk command and also used my corresponding ssoftware to do a health check. All was well so i decided to d oan antivirus scan. I used offline windows defender and TotalAV free and both found nothing. Finally I found out it may be due to improper shutdown which i used to make a bad habbit of but still after letting the computer fully shutdown, the problem seems to persist. Im hesitant to force disable the scans as it was fine berfore and now i am wandering what triggered it. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
You can use Malwarebytes to help with malware scans if you think the other two used prior aren't up to the mark. This might also not be a malware problem, more like your platform might be having power related issues.

Mind sharing the full specs to your system? How old is the PSU in the system? We will also need you to see what BIOS version on your motherboard you're on and the version for the OS you're working with(if you're on Windows 10).

Dec 25, 2020
Specs are:
ASUS b450 motherboard
RTX 2070S
Ryzen 7 3700x
PSU - I think i have a 950 or 1000W but it is no more than a year old
Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
For bios version it states "BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3103, 17/06/2020"