Windows Cloud to Compete With Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
First! .... Lol. Just playing.

So it begins? Cloud is coming as MS slowly shifts towards putting their software online and making you pay per month to use it? Perfect! Then a lot of other folk can come along and produce cheap good software that you don't have to go online and pay your life's earnings + first born child to use. Fantastic! Note, I'm not a MS hater, I just think it's funny how much $ these things cost when I look at the license restriction.

Very best,

G

Run that on the MSI Wind, and you can get surfing into the clouds.. lol..

Next time we know it, 'diving', 'floating', 'grass',and 'terra' will become internet terms.. for fucks sake...

Pixels303

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
gm0n3y, don't you know, that if you take an old idea and introduce it as a new idea, people who don't know any better won't know any different and will be pleased to hear it? AND, if you say it often enough, you can brainwash people who know better to believe that it really is a new idea? Just look at how they passed the Patriot Act without a civil war..

G

Cloud Computing and Corporate Culpability

Re: Cloud Computing Security Risks and Accountability for Loss of Data, Breach of Privacy and Other Violations

I am not a lawyer. I don't play one on television. And after my last divorce, I have no motivation to further enrich any member of the legal profession. Nevertheless, my first and best advice to any American business executive considering "cloud computing", "SaaS" or "PaaS" as cost-cutting solutions in recessionary times is GET THEE TO AN ATTORNEY!

Regardless of who wins the White House next Tuesday--Oblabla and the Mouth, or Geezer and Gidget--and no matter what remuda of Republocrats controls our Congress thereafter, the recently exposed excesses of Wall Street's Bonus Buccaneer CEOs guarantee increased scrutiny and accountability for executives at all levels and in all arenas, including and perhaps especially that of the CIO. In such a charged political environment, any harm, damage, loss or breach of HIPAA or other privacy mandates attributable to corporate decisions to outsource sensitive information for bottom-line benefit is likely to have repercussions that go far beyond reversing any perceived savings. And when time comes for the ax to fall in the boardroom--or worse, the gavel in the courtroom--rest assured that your cries to blame the Data Manager in Mumbai will fall on deaf ears.

Bruce Arnold, Miami Web Designer
http://WebDesignMiami.PervasivePersuasion.com

Status
Not open for further replies.