Windows Created New Drive That Can't Be Removed

Minky7

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
So, I have Windows 10 and it just did one of it's big updates (creator's update or whatever it was this time), but now I have this annoying new drive partition on my SSD. Worse yet, the thing is almost full and windows keeps notifying me. When I go into it; it shows as empty, even if I select to show hidden drives and folders. Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/30kKAHK Any ideas on how to remove it? I don't get any options to delete or merge or anything when I right click in Disk Manager.

Minky7

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015

I see, that'd make sense. Would the removal of a drive letter be done in disk manager? Because disk manager only gives me the option of "help" when I right click on that partition.

When I originally installed Windows 10, a couple years ago, I also had the same problem with that Recovery partition being almost full. Back then I was able to remove the assigned drive letter and that solved the problem. Now when I go into Disk Management, after you mentioned that there are no enabled options other than Help, it appears that Microsoft has disabled that functionality. I do see the Delete Volume... menu option for the Recovery partition enabled on mine though.

USAFRet

Titan