[SOLVED] Windows Defender - "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
I've recently started dealing with this error ever since I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 11 on my personal system. I've seen other threads saying the solution is to reset Windows, but I didn't encounter this until after I had done so to fix other issues I was encountering.

What are some possible solutions I could try to fix this error?

USAFRet

Titan
I've recently started dealing with this error ever since I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 11 on my personal system. I've seen other threads saying the solution is to reset Windows, but I didn't encounter this until after I had done so to fix other issues I was encountering.

Where did your OS and its license come from?

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023

Are you part of a network domain?

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
And the full parts spec of this system?
Make/model of everything.

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A
GPU: RTX 4080 (vertically mounted with a CoolerMaster GPU mount/riser card kit if that matters)
CPU: Intel i9-9900KF
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster ML240L
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
PSU: CORSAIR RMx 850W ATX12V
Storage: Multiple SSDs and HDDs, but Windows is installed on a 256GB Samsung SSD (I think it's an 840 Evo?)

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
When you reinstalled Windows, was only the single storage device (SSD) connected to the motherboard (all other devices disconnected)?
No, I left everything connected. I reinstalled Windows via the System Reset within Windows itself, not through an install disc or USB. I didn't see any issue with is at the time since it was only resetting the installation of Windows on the single drive.

Not to mention, it wouldn't have been as simple as just unplugging the SATA cables as I've got an NVME drive slotted into the motherboard as well.

Try this list.
Make a system restore point before any modifications.

Unfortunately, the methods listed here did not help (it seems I don't even have a gpedit.msc on my computer at all?)

It might be worth noting that when I had upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, I had to perform a bypass of the system registry to ignore the requirement for TPM 2.0, I also didn't see any issue with this at the time, but it's possible this is biting me in the ass now? I tried performing the same bypass but it seems to have had no effect.

Also, it seems as though Windows Defender is still autonomously functional, I just can't manually run a scan or make changes to anything, but it's telling me that account protection, firewall & network protection and device security are all active.

Last edited:
It might be worth noting that when I had upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, I had to perform a bypass of the system registry to ignore the requirement for TPM 2.0, I also didn't see any issue with this at the time, but it's possible this is biting me in the ass now? I tried performing the same bypass but it seems to have had no effect.
Your system is win11 compatible.
You should have installed win11 properly - with out any bypassing.

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
Your system is win11 compatible.
You should have installed win11 properly - with out any bypassing.
When I initially ran the Win11 compatibility check with my system, it said it failed to meet the requirement for TPM 2.0. The only difference between my configuration then and now is my GPU, which was an RTX 2080 Super at the time.

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
OK, so what is the continuing issue?
I am unable to use any of Windows Defender's features, as when I try to run a scan or anything. It presents me with an error that reads:

"Page not available: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

This issue only cropped up  after I had reset my installation of Windows 11 to factory defaults.

Sanchit99

Prominent
Jul 4, 2023
Are you a network domain user? If you are connected to a School or Work Account,remove it. You can also reset or repair the Windows Defender app in the settings. If not, you have to modify some settings in Windows. Make sure you are an administrator on your computer before doing that.

Follow this link:

This link can help as it can fix "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"

"Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"

This Message indicates if some of the settings are blocked in your PC including this.

Hope it helps! Thanks!

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
Are you a network domain user? If you are connected to a School or Work Account,remove it. You can also reset or repair the Windows Defender app in the settings. If not, you have to modify some settings in Windows. Make sure you are an administrator on your computer before doing that.

Follow this link:

This link can help as it can fix "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"

"Some of these settings are managed by your organisation"

This Message indicates if some of the settings are blocked in your PC including this.

Hope it helps! Thanks!

I'm not a network domain user, this is a personal system not connected to any school or business. I'll take a look at this guide when I have time.

UPDATE: The error seems to no longer be present. I had seen these instructions in another guide and followed them about a week ago. It didn't seem to fix the issue at the time, but it's no longer occurring now. I'm able to run virus scans and modify settings in Windows Defender as I wish.

Only thing now is that right clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the system tray does not produce a drop down menu of options, but at this point I'm splitting hairs. Problem solved, thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts