[SOLVED] Windows Defender - "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app" ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
I've recently started dealing with this error ever since I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 11 on my personal system. I've seen other threads saying the solution is to reset Windows, but I didn't encounter this until after I had done so to fix other issues I was encountering.

What are some possible solutions I could try to fix this error?

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
UPDATE: The error seems to no longer be present. I had seen these instructions in another guide and followed them about a week ago. It didn't seem to fix the issue at the time, but it's no longer occurring now. I'm able to run virus scans and modify settings in Windows Defender as I wish.

Only thing now is that right clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the system tray does not produce a drop down menu of options, but at this point I'm splitting hairs. Problem solved, thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.