[SOLVED] Windows Desktop PC vs Apple M1 Mac for Video editing?

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hello! Firstly, I'm sorry if I posted it in the wrong section. It belongs in kind of Laptop AND System category so I posted here.

I'm a video editor who edits gaming montages and streams. I use a lot of effects such as RSMB which are very demanding and take a lot of time.

I have two options - either go for a Ryzen 9 5900x + RTX 3080 Build OR Buy the new Apple M1 MacBook Pro.

I am going to use the system solely for video editing and I want lag-free timeline scrubbing and low rendering times. I'd also prefer the mac due to the battery (so I can use while travelling).

So my question is that should I go for the M1 instead of the Ryzen 9 5900x? Is it worth it? I've researched a lot on this but it's literally an oranges to apples comparison due to the fact that I'll be using Premiere Pro on the Windows and FCX on the Mac (which is very optimized for apple) so I can't really just compare benchmarks and come to a final conclusion.

Please help me decide on this.

Thank you very much,
Regards,
Asbaat

Solution
For Premiere Pro it will depend on the hardware.
I have use a Dell and and Mac with same hardware (CPU, RAM & SSD) and it is a wash.
There isn't anything Apple has available to compared with the Ryzen 9 5900x.