[SOLVED] Windows diagnostic tool reults in error, Memtest86 passes?

Feb 24, 2021
I added two new RAM sticks to my PC. Before adding the sticks I disabled the DOCP in the BIOS settings and enabled it again after adding the sticks.

When running windows memory diagnostic tool, it says that there is an issue with the hardware. Disabling the DOCP and running diagnostic tool again results in no errors.

My issue is that when I run memtest86 with DOCP enabled it runs all 4 iterations without any errors.

Which result should I trust?

Specs are:

Mobo: ASUS Prime B550-Plus Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4
CPU: 3800X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP
GPU: 3080 tuf oc
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 80 Plus GOLD

Solution
I added two new RAM sticks to my PC. Before adding the sticks I disabled the DOCP in the BIOS settings and enabled it again after adding the sticks.

When running windows memory diagnostic tool, it says that there is an issue with the hardware. Disabling the DOCP and running diagnostic tool again results in no errors.

My issue is that when I run memtest86 with DOCP enabled it runs all 4 iterations without any errors.

Specs are:

Go to the asus site and get the latest bios.....non-beta.....and chipset driver...
memtest is generic memtest, it doesnt strain ram much, it can catch bad ram, but not always..and it can take several hours to actually find something if ram is "stable" enough
in case memtest acts as everything is okay and ure experiencing issues (bsod in windows is common)
u should use stress test, that can catch hadware errors within minutes
aidia 64 can strest test your ram, if u get hardware error there within few minutes (while memtest is ok) then u need more ram voltage to stabilise your ram under high load

Feb 24, 2021
memtest is generic memtest, it doesnt strain ram much, it can catch bad ram, but not always..and it can take several hours to actually find something if ram is "stable" enough
in case memtest acts as everything is okay and ure experiencing issues (bsod in windows is common)
u should use stress test, that can catch hadware errors within minutes
aidia 64 can strest test your ram, if u get hardware error there within few minutes (while memtest is ok) then u need more ram voltage to stabilise your ram under high load

Thanks for the quick answer! Are there any free alternatives to aidia64? And how do I find which RAM voltage do I need for my system? And shouldnt DOCP mode select the optimal volatage for RAM anyway?

Feb 24, 2021
aida has free licence

for voltage..if your start point is is 1.35, then try 1.375, 1.4, 1.425, 1.45...dont go over 1.5v

As you said aidia picked up an error after 2 mins. I increased the RAM voltage up to 1.4v. Aidia stress test seems fine but windows still picks up an error after couple of mins

Specs are:

Go to the asus site and get the latest bios.....non-beta.....and chipset driver.
Retest with win mem test.

Solution

Specs are:

Does the computer actually works with those added sticks running programs?