[SOLVED] Windows does not boot/reset no matter what fix I try

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Ok, so this is one of the biggest issues ive come across so I can provide some background info:
I was just playing a videogame then all of a sudden my screen starts glitching heavily, flickering and my audio just gave out these loud noises, so I just turned off my PC. There were some fixes that I tried for this but I decided to factory reset the PC. Just when I decided that, when I booted my PC it said "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Log file: G:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I've tried every option from the 'Advanced options' including many commands in the command prompt that I've seen from videos and fix tutorials.

Then, I decided to use the Windows Media Tool and try the reset from there. It seemed to work but whenever it finished it rebooted the PC and returned to the same Windows installation prompt. I've also looked this up and tried the 'pull out USB and restart' fix but it just took me back to the 'Automatic Repair' blue screen.

If anyone has any idea that I can try to either factory reset or bypass the blue screen, it would be much appreciated. :)

Sorry for the long read but this is really stressful as exams are coming up and I really need this PC to work.

Solution
There were some fixes that I tried for this but I decided to factory reset the PC.
I've tried every option from the 'Advanced options' including many commands in the command prompt that I've seen from videos and fix tutorials.
If anyone has any idea that I can try to either factory reset or bypass the blue screen, it would be much appreciated. :)
Probably screwed up something major with those random fixes/commands.
Do clean reinstall.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
There were some fixes that I tried for this but I decided to factory reset the PC.
Do clean reinstall.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

Solution

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Do clean reinstall.

Ok, i did what was in the guide you linked. I successfully got to the factory setup of windows HOWEVER the screen is still glitched! Im convinced of what you said earlier that the GPU is faulty but how can I be 100% sure that its the gpu. Because i dont want to buy a new one only to see it still glitched and a waste of money.
Thanks for your help.

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
You remove discrete graphics card from the system (physically remove).
Use integrated graphics instead.

If glitches get resolved, then it's the old gpu to blame.
I took out the gpu but the screen is still glitched on the setup screen! Does this mean that my gpu is OK and something else is causing the problem? Do I have to do some extra stuff to fully disconnect all gpu attributes from the pc? What else can be causing the problem?
Thanks for your help.