[SOLVED] Windows doesn't recognize my headphones or speakers

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Yesterday i reinstalled windows as a new update left me with 20gb of space on my C drive. A big update just for internet explorer. I was already thinking about reinstalling windows 10 as My C drive has been running out of space without me installing files. I have cleaned temp files and ran system cleanup. after reinstalling it I have set up everything today just my audio doesn't seem to work. When i click on the audio tab i see Digital Audio (HDMI) twice, and ASUS VS28 (Which my monitor) listed as a high definition audio device and is my default one. When i play audio via chrome the audio meter next to the ASUS VS28 shows that audio is playing except i can't hear it. Whenever i had my headphones plugged in i could choose speakers as a default audio device to hear sound but as of today i cannot. If anyone knows what to do please do tell!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
By reinstalling, did you create your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You might want to make sure your platform is on the latest BIOS update. Also, you're advised to install the drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after you've downloaded the files from manufacturer's support site.

Lutfij

Titan
By reinstalling, did you create your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? You might want to make sure your platform is on the latest BIOS update. Also, you're advised to install the drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, after you've downloaded the files from manufacturer's support site.

Solution

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Yes i did use the Media Creation tool i have it on my USB