Question Windows error when upgrading cpu to i5 6500

shi.rx

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
So I upgrading my old i3 6320 to a new i5 6500 but in the process of changing it one of my cooler stands broke off and the other one lost the pin for the cooler so this leads into the problem in which I would launch my pc with my new cpu but every time it would get past the windows circle and just crash with this error also my i5 would reach 100 degrees while in the bios
image0.jpg

I then put in my old cpu and it booted normally so I’m not sure what to do I’m in the process of getting a new cooler but is that really the problem

I appriciate if anyone can help me with this

Last edited:

shi.rx

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
In this case we have to consider either an overheat issue really quick or the possibility of a bad CPU, perhaps some need of a BIOS update. Was this CPU used?

edit- I just noticed your edit. If it went 100C in BIOS you need an appropriate and properly attaching cooler.
Yeah my cooler is really broke at the moment I’ll see when I get a new one if that changes the crashing of windows
And the cpu is used
But do you really think that is the issue or is it something else

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah my cooler is really broke at the moment I’ll see when I get a new one if that changes the crashing of windows
And the cpu is used
But do you really think that is the issue or is it something else

No idea until you have a proper, working cooler. That's a problem, it just may not be your only problem. Without an effective cooling solution, this PC ought not even be turned on.

Reactions: punkncat

shi.rx

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
No idea until you have a proper, working cooler. That's a problem, it just may not be your only problem. Without an effective cooling solution, this PC ought not even be turned on.
So you think there’s even more problems than just cooling
The thing is why does my old cpu work but this one doesn’t could it just be faulty?