Windows explorer problem.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I have a big problem currently.

So if you have seen my post recently that my GPU died, now i have to use the iGPU, i installed the driver and it worked for like 2 days, then bad sectors started appearing on my HDD, while they were not there 6 months now, i just "repaired" them with hdd regenerator and all was good, except my intel drives was fu**ed and i had to reinstall it, all was fine, now today i came back from work aaand, again bad sectors, i used hdd regenerator now and i can boot into windows, wasn't able to because of those bad sectors, anyways, i successfully booted into windows, but explorer crashed like 5 seconds after, once i click restart the program it just crashes again after 5 sec, my opinion is that there is something wrong with the intel drives, so i tried to get into control panel buuut, windows explorer wouldn't let me, no matter how i try it, by CMD or start i can't get into control panel, once i click on it instantly throws the explorer error at me, how do i uninstall the intel drives without accessing control panel? I booted up in safe mode and same thing was happening.

HDD:WD 1TB blue EZEX, so not a old one, not even 2 years. Pentium G3220.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Well no *, but how can i access the control panel without the explorer was my quesiton?

USAFRet

Titan

1. Language, please
2. The drive and system is dying. Boot from a Windows install disk, and try a Repair. See if that fixes the OS. But since the drive appears to be dying, I wouldn't hold out big hope for this.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

I would just reinstall a clean windows right now, but i've got a 10 gb data cap in a week right now, since i moved from my fiber. Only for that reason i am still using this windows with all of it's trash in there. Downloading a game with 10 gb of a cap is a crime :p. For that reason i have a Compressed folder saved from the game, how can i atleast browse a folder and transfer it to a USB? Can i just somehow boot from CMD or so?

USAFRet

Titan

There is no "boot from CMD".
Do you have another system available?

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Yes, i've got my laptop, i am actually writing all of these messages from that PC which has the problem, i can open chrome and browse the web just fine, i could just go out to a Wifi point and download a game quickly on the laptop and transfer it over to the desktop, but the wifi is sooo slow here, since i live in pretty much a village, i've got 4G 50 mbit, but the date cap is horrible.

USAFRet

Titan
Well...you started off on one tack, bad drivers and Windows Explorer...now you're off on another tack, downloading or moving a game file.

That drive appears to be dying. The more you mess with it, the sooner it will die.
If all you have is a laptop, you'll need some sort of USB enclosure or dock. Take the failing drive out, connect it to the laptop, and copy whatever file(s) you need off it.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Nevermind, i've got a rar copy on my laptop. I will reinstall windows and see how it goes form there, don't close this thread please, i will update it.