Windows Explorer Problems

Hello man

Honorable
Hi. I am using Win 7 Ultimate X64. As of late I have been having issues with the task bar and windows explorer in general. It has not been saving the sizes of my desktop icons. My computer will sleep, I will wake it up and only see the start button. No task bar of any sort. I have been getting around the problem by locating the explorer process in task manager, terminating it, then hitting "run" and restarting it. However that is a bit of a shenanigan and is starting to bother me. Any help would be great!

-Also, windows has been taking a while to "see" my keyboard upon waking from sleep. I.E. get any lights on the keyboard or any workingness. Software is not my area of expertise.

Solution
It's odd that it only happens after sleep mode, could be an issue with the video card driver.

Do you have any type of Window skin installed? Try turning off Aero effects, set the Theme to Windows 7 Basic.
Is this happening only after the system is in sleep mode or when you reboot it as well?

Anything that was installed or changed before this started? All Windows updates and computer drivers updated?

Try creating a new user account and see if the same thing happens on that account.

Hello man

Honorable

I did than and I am up to date, could it be a bad driver or app causing problems? Frankly it just seems to be crashing. I have my task bar hidden, and when I have explorer issues the task bar is up..... with no bar and just the start orb.

Hello man

Honorable

No just an alternating background. Will do.