Question Windows File Explorer keeps refreshing

jrw6core

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
I've only just installed Win 10 Pro 64 about 3 weeks ago, the 5th of Jan. Everything went pretty smooth. My games run fine. I watch BluRay DVD's and videos on my hdd's run fine. My only problem is my File Explorer keeps refreshing. I open up one of my hdd's and regardless of what I'm doing, the green bar keeps growing across the top of the page. When Im searching for a file, no problem. But when I'm looking through the thumbnails this disrupts my progress every time. I google searched this problem and it seems to have been a thing with Win 10 back in 2015. I cant find any recent problems so I appreciate any help. FYI- My Rig isn't new, but it's respectable enough.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We have a lot of users who hold onto older ISO's and only reinstall the older version of the OS. We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10. Also check and see which BIOS version you're working with for your motherboard. If you have BIOS updates pending, please upgrade to the latest working your way up gradually.

Mind sharing the make and model of your motherboard? If we're to follow through your specs listed in your sig space, please add that info in the body of your thread since sig space specs can and will change over time, making this thread and it's solutions moot t the user in the same boat as you are.

See if reinstalling your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue.

dasfx

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
I'm having a similar problem, my taskbar is refreshing

I went to Event Viwer (WIN+R: eventvwr) and under security I have a 4798 ID everytime this happend:

Check yours..

Se enumeró la pertenencia a grupos locales de un usuario.

Firmante:
Id. de seguridad: LITHIUM1\Sayonara
Nombre de cuenta: Sayonara
Dominio de cuenta: LITHIUM1
Id. de inicio de sesión: 0x53450

Usuario:
Id. de seguridad: LITHIUM1\Sayonara
Nombre de cuenta: Sayonara
Dominio de cuenta: LITHIUM1

Información de proceso:
Id. de proceso: 0x152c
Nombre de proceso: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

jrw6core

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We have a lot of users who hold onto older ISO's and only reinstall the older version of the OS. We're currently on 1909 for Windows 10. Also check and see which BIOS version you're working with for your motherboard. If you have BIOS updates pending, please upgrade to the latest working your way up gradually.

Mind sharing the make and model of your motherboard? If we're to follow through your specs listed in your sig space, please add that info in the body of your thread since sig space specs can and will change over time, making this thread and it's solutions moot t the user in the same boat as you are.

See if reinstalling your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue.
I also hoped this would resolve my problem. I actually just noticed there was a new version Win 10 Pro 1909 while searching for an answer to my refreshing problem. I installed this early yesterday morning. No change, same problem. I have found similar problems being reported, but these were from late 2015 just after Win 10 was initially released. This is very irritating for me. I was a Win 7 Pro hold out. It was rock solid for me. No issues, no problems.

D

Deleted member 14196

Just do a clean install of windows 10 and it’ll be fixed. I bet you upgraded from Windows 7 right? If so upgrades never work do a clean install

That means formatting your drives and installing clean

jrw6core

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
"Lutfij said:

See if reinstalling your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue."

FYI- I did a FRESH INSTALL of Win 10 Pro 64. I installed a new SSD 1TB hdd so I made sure this would go smooth. My specs are up to date. This build is only 2 years old, but since I installed a new "C" Drive, I made sure all my specs were up to date. So the Motherboard is what I'm currently using. MSI X99A SLI PLUS .
Also, Smarter people than me have said on this forum, that if everything is working as it should, don't mess with the BIOS. I want this fixed, but this is a minor annoyance and screwing with the BIOS isn't worth it. I will just keep looking. Thanks.

Last edited: