[SOLVED] Windows going black

Aug 8, 2019
(Sorry for not the best english, but it isn't my first language) A few days ago my pc start giving me some blue screens with some errors that that says something about memory management and stuff. I looked on the internet and find out that my hdd might be the problem. I took a program that allows me to check my hdd life and it said that it isn't in such a good shape, so I bought a new one, but the problem now is with windows 10, I can't go to any shop because most of them are close now with corona virus thing going on, so I downloaded windows 10 from their website and make u bootable USB drive and all, I start installing it, making the disk partitions, everything is fine, it finished. I got the same error a few times, so I tried to install all drivers with their updates for video card etc. (I read that the bad drivers can give you blue screens too) , when my windows shut down without giving any sign of bluescreen or something, restarting and then giving me the lockscreen, putting my password in, but after unlocking, everything was black, couldn't make anything on windows anymore. I installed the windows two more times, because the second time i installed it, the windows just installed over the first one, and finally when i finish with the third time installing the windows 10, everything seems fine, until it stoped again for no reason, but this time any of the windows functions didn't want to work, I could see my desktop, but start menu, notification menu, anything from windows didn't want to work. I tried entering in settings, I only could do that trought "personalize desktop" thing because nothing else work. When I opened the settings, task bar didn't show me any icon for setting and when i wanted to see what's going on, the program was named with @sistem and much more words after it. In the end my windows 10 went all black again and now I really don't know what to do. If someone will stay and read everything and can help me, all I can say is thank you.

Solution
I don't know the temperatures exactly but it wasn't heating so much because i didn't try to force it so much because it isn't such a good pc. Playing most likely games that are not forcing him at all.
if there is an issue with the CPU or with it's cooler, it doesn't matter how much the system is stressed or "forced". it may reach dangerous temps even when idling or just running regular processes, not just when running intensive games.
you will have to watch the temperature fluctuations while idling, with regular usage, and with any type of gaming or heavy use.

When the screen goes black, it somehow work, it doesn't seem to be from the gpu, because i can see my crosshair, but everything else is black.
your entire screen is...
Aug 8, 2019
post your complete system specs here
-ASRock H81M-VG4
-Intel Core I5 4460 3.20ghz
-4gb ram DDR3 1600mhz
-Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb Strix Gaming
-Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance 2TB 5900rpm( that's the new hdd i bought)
-I don't know the model of the power source because it came with the pc when i bought it 2 years ago, but it is a 500w one.

The video card is bought by me a few months ago, I know it's a bit too powerful fotlr the rest of pc, but i'm gonna upgrade all my stuff in a few months.

the issues you are having inside of Windows sound like an issue with the OS software itself.
but memory problems can also effect the way your OS performs.

the screen just going black and unresponsive sounds more like issues caused by PSUs or GPUs.

is the 5900rpm drive the only one installed?
and what temperatures does the system reach while idling and while in heavy use?

reset BIOS options to defaults.
i would then reinstall everything hardware and software-wise.
reseat the CPU, make sure thermal paste is applied correctly and cooler is seated firmly.
reseat memory and make sure it is positioned in the correct DIMM slot(s), refer to motherboard manual.
make sure all cables are seated firmly.

remove all but the main OS drive and reinstall the latest verion of Windows. and then all of the latest motherboard system drivers from the AsRock motherboard product page.

Aug 8, 2019
When the screen goes black, it somehow work, it doesn't seem to be from the gpu, because i can see my crosshair, but everything else is black. Only Ctrl+Alt+Del works so I cand turn it off or to go back to lockscreen.
And yeah, the 5900rpm is the single one conmected now, because the one I had before, was a seagate hdd desktop with 1 TB and 7900rpm, but when I disconnected it to see if the new one is working, the old one stolped working, like it was in a really bad shape and when it wasn't plugged in anymore it most likely died.
I don't know the temperatures exactly but it wasn't heating so much because i didn't try to force it so much because it isn't such a good pc. Playing most likely games that are not forcing him at all.

if there is an issue with the CPU or with it's cooler, it doesn't matter how much the system is stressed or "forced". it may reach dangerous temps even when idling or just running regular processes, not just when running intensive games.
you will have to watch the temperature fluctuations while idling, with regular usage, and with any type of gaming or heavy use.

When the screen goes black, it somehow work, it doesn't seem to be from the gpu, because i can see my crosshair, but everything else is black.
your entire screen is rendered by the GPU. if some of it isn't displaying properly, this can still be an issue with the GPU or with it's drivers/software.
but it can also be caused by CPU not processing correctly,
RAM not read/writing data correctly,
or the PSU's power fluctuating or just not running efficiently in turn effecting other components and forcing them to behave erratically.

also, what are you installing Windows from? an OEM disk, a purchased Windows disk, a downloaded install package on a flash drive?
when attempting to reinstall make sure you are using the latest install package from Microsoft and that you are using a verified fully-functional flash drive or DVD/Blu-ray disk.
also that you follow up the new OS install by also installing all of your motherboard manufacturer's latest BIOS, drivers, and control software.

if you want to try fixing it yourself, follow my previous instructions. if not, find a local repair shop and let them diagnose the entire system.

Solution
Aug 8, 2019

your entire screen is rendered by the GPU. if some of it isn't displaying properly, this can still be an issue with the GPU or with it's drivers/software.
but it can also be caused by CPU not processing correctly,
RAM not read/writing data correctly,
or the PSU's power fluctuating or just not running efficiently in turn effecting other components and forcing them to behave erratically.

also, what are you installing Windows from? an OEM disk, a purchased Windows disk, a downloaded install package on a flash drive?
when attempting to reinstall make sure you are using the latest install package from Microsoft and that you are using a verified fully-functional flash drive or DVD/Blu-ray disk.
also that you follow up the new OS install by also installing all of your motherboard manufacturer's latest BIOS, drivers, and control software.

if you want to try fixing it yourself, follow my previous instructions. if not, find a local repair shop and let them diagnose the entire system.
I'm installing it from a flash drive, with the latest package, but it seems to be something with the tool, so I downloaded it again and make the flash drive again with it.

I'm installing it from a flash drive, with the latest package, but it seems to be something with the tool, so I downloaded it again and make the flash drive again with it.
many times people have issues with the install or their OS after the install because of bad sectors on the flash drive in use. may not be bad enough to disrupt the creation of the installer or the install itself, but can still lead to bad data being transferred.
that is why i stated,
make sure you are using the latest install package from Microsoft and that you are using a verified fully-functional flash drive
but you should still follow the other instructions i posted before attempting the reinstall.

and still determine what temps you are reaching before attempting either.