windows had detected a hard disk problem.

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
this had not been happening to me until i had deleted windows boot manager on my drive for storage which was not needed. and trust me i know how to delete things without breaking anything with the windows disk. i am getting the "windows had detected a hard disk problem" issue but everything seems to be working fine. my drive is a WDC blue and another toshiba one. it said that my toshiba E : drive which is the storage drive was getting this problem. and then after a couple restarts of my computer it said my WDC Blue drive E : was getting the issue when my WDC drive is actually the C : drive. idk but this is very confusing. after a while it had the option to stop telling me there is a problem but i scanned both my drives and both found no errors and i defragmented both while it was happening. should i worry about this? is there actually an issue even though everything seems to be working right?

Solution
That is just the Software's own warning settings.

It will caution you when X number of sectors have been remapped , pending or are uncorrectable.

The default seems to be 1. This gives you a nice early warning.

None of this effects the drive in any way(some of the advanced options can, so stay out :) ).

Higher capacity drives tend to have higher seq reads. The closer you can pack the data, the faster it reads at the same rotation speed.

Blues are the mid level drive and nothing is wrong with that.

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Nuke Master i can't reply but this is my score on crystal disk mark:
seq Q32T1: 196.5 Read, 192.9 Write
4K q32T1: 1.277 Read, 1.267 Write
Seq: 192.3 Read, 54.74 Write
4K: 0.615 read, 0.594 Write

Everything seems to be fine but this error popped up every time i started up my pc until i clicked stop notifying.

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

yeah well. my WDC blue drive seems to be in good condition while my toshiba said it is in bad condition. where do i go to fix this?

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

i am pretty sure i have cured my computer cancer by removing my Toshiba HDD. i didn't really need it anyway. is there like a great condition instead of good contition on crystal disk info? or is the best just good

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

well i was on crystaldiskmark and i clicked on the good condition thing. and i accidentally was playing around and moved the slider all the way up and clicked apply and then i moved it back down and then clicked default. idk why i did this but does this make my harddrive become damaged in any way? i feel very paranoid when i mess things up in my computer. also my WDC Blue seq is like 150Mb/s read and write at 21% filled. i feel like moving that slider made my hard drive slower

That is just the Software's own warning settings.

It will caution you when X number of sectors have been remapped , pending or are uncorrectable.

The default seems to be 1. This gives you a nice early warning.

None of this effects the drive in any way(some of the advanced options can, so stay out :) ).

Higher capacity drives tend to have higher seq reads. The closer you can pack the data, the faster it reads at the same rotation speed.

Blues are the mid level drive and nothing is wrong with that.

Solution

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

okay thanks. i will stay out of the advanced. but i kinda thought that the thing i was messing with was the advanced

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

okay gotcha. but i just noticed a new program called shell on my startup and unknown publisher. when i go to details it says shellexperiencehost. is this familiar to you?

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

okay thank you. i have removed the hard drive because it was becoming really slow and had errors according to crystaldiskinfo. thanks for the help!

Surajkind

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

i've got similar problem but to mention not the first time. after many searches i've found that it might be due to some reasons - first the power volts to the hard drive next the connectors - if these are good then the drive has a particular sector that is corrupted and cannot be read.(during the drive test on my drive the test showed sector errors at the end of the drive i.e around 96%- 98% rest was good).
There is actually no perfect solution to it (many soft-wares claim but there is'nt). check for sounds from the drive (http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/174571en?language=en_US&key=ka030000000tgqPAAQ&kb=n&wwwlocale=en-in) this might help.

In the end drive will fail some or the other day.