Question "Windows has failed to start", possible SSD corruption ?

Aug 27, 2021
After coming home from class, my PC's programs were all not responding, so I decided to shut off my PC and give it a reboot. After doing this, I got the error "Windows has failed to start" as well as the error code "0xc000000f" and it mentioned the file "Boot/BCD." I have tried multiple things including running the repair function from the bootable windows media, various CMD commands and have gotten nowhere.

Whenever I plug up the drive to my friend's PC, it gets stuck on loading the OS from the BIOS screen. I also have to wait multiple minutes for the bootable media to load whenever the drive is plugged in to my PC, but when using a different drive that doesn't have Windows on it, the bootable media loads almost instantly. I'm running out of options here and would prefer to not have to replace my drive if I don't have to, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Disk drive: make, model, capacity, how full?

Go to the drive's manufacturer's website. Most manufacturers offer free diagnostic software for drive testing.

Is all data on the drive backed up? Remember anything you do could cause data loss.

TRENDING THREADS