Question Windows Home or Pro 64 bit for Gaming PC?

Feb 18, 2023
I have Windows Pro 10, 64 bit right now. I'm not sure what the price difference is between the home and pro version, but if the pro version is more expensive, is it necessary to have features in Pro, or at least a good idea to have Pro building a new gaming system?

USAFRet

Titan
I have Windows Pro 10, 64 bit right now. I'm not sure what the price difference is between the home and pro version, but if the pro version is more expensive, is it necessary to have features in Pro, or at least a good idea to have Pro building a new gaming system?
There is NO performance difference between Home and Pro for a game system.

Pro brings along a few corporate level features, not needed for a game system.

Feb 18, 2023
I also want to add - on my current gaming machine, I have purchased Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, but it auto updates/renews, so I have no idea what my product key is - it's been years. It's a free upgrade to go to Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, but without a poduct key, I have no idea how to transfer that ownership to the new gaming machine.

USAFRet

Titan
I also want to add - on my current gaming machine, I have purchased Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, but it auto updates/renews, so I have no idea what my product key is - it's been years. It's a free upgrade to go to Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, but without a poduct key, I have no idea how to transfer that ownership to the new gaming machine.
Where did you purchase it from?

How it the system and license listed in your MS account?