[SOLVED] Windows Insiders questions

Colif

Win 11 Master
How do I join Insiders and get a ISO copy of the OS without it also updating My PC to win 11?

I see how to join but I don't want it on this PC, at least... not outside of a VM anyway.

I know the MS ISO site to dl Media creation tool but I assume that you have to register to use it.

I happily give them MSA, no need to use UUP if I can avoid it.

Solution
I Used UUPdate to create an ISO of latest, will run it in a VM to see what all fuss is about, and maybe change some of my instructions so they actually work.

Thats really main reason I got it. Can't help if I don't know.
If you have a valid ISO, you can almost certainly use that to install in a VM instance.

Create a VM, give it some drive space and RAM.
Point it at the ISO.
The first time you start it....it should install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I Used UUPdate to create an ISO of latest, will run it in a VM to see what all fuss is about, and maybe change some of my instructions so they actually work.

USAFRet

Titan

If you have a valid ISO, you can almost certainly use that to install in a VM instance.

Create a VM, give it some drive space and RAM.
Point it at the ISO.
The first time you start it....it should install.

Solution

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
How do I join Insiders and get a ISO copy of the OS without it also updating My PC to win 11?

I see how to join but I don't want it on this PC, at least... not outside of a VM anyway.

I know the MS ISO site to dl Media creation tool but I assume that you have to register to use it.

I happily give them MSA, no need to use UUP if I can avoid it.
by the time the download is completed the iso should be located somewhere in the drive (temp folder) so just don't restart your pc and once you get it to go to the insider's program and go to releases and unsubscribe, in the end, restart your computer and if the installation goes anyways you can roll back to windows 10

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems I got it anyway.

its a 2 step action to sign up, you do 1 part on a website and 2nd part on PC. I did the part on website but chickened out on PC once i worked out what it was going to do. Seems I didn't cancel enough as I just got an unexpected feature update and am on 22000.100.

If I look in the insiders tab in settings its just blank. Seems servers know though.

I see how it goes, if its built on win 10 it should just work. expect I will get an update every few weeks? I don't know schedule.

It doesn't feel that different now, I can only tell if i look for rounded corners or open start or settings.
Finding some things might take a while.