Question Windows install help

theresyetis

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone.

So, I’m going to start from the beggining.

A couple years ago I got my wife a Lenovo laptop running windows 8. She upgraded it to windows 10 when it was free to do so(could still be, I dunno). A few months ago I downgraded it to windows 8 to play a game that wouldn’t work on windows 10. I believe it was 8.1 that I downloaded and installed.

So now i tried to reinstall windows 8 again cuz I was having trouble with a game being compatible(it was released in 1999).
That didn’t work so I tried to install windows 10. That didn’t work.

I know that isn’t quite enough info but...

Sooo now when I try to boot my wife’s laptop it tries to auto repair, then diagnosing PC, attempting repair. After that I end up at a blue screen that says ‘automatic repair couldn’t repair your PC.’ I’ve tried what I know to do. I’ve looked up a few fix’s but none of them worked.

So, I’ve been trying to install windows using a usb drive. Can y’all help me install either windows 8.1 or 10 using a usb install? I am lost as to what to do besides that.

onespeedbiker

Notable
Apr 13, 2019
You need to do a clean install. Follow the instructions on this link for Windows 10. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Since you upgraded from Windows 8, the windows 10 activation should still be attached to your MS account. Otherwise, you can use a Windows 8/8.1 install USB and do a custom install that deletes the old partitions and installs which ever OS you are using. The point being this is not a repair or a reset, but a clean install, which deletes all personal files and starts anew.

mizzycrazy

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
Thats what I'm trying do lol I'm trying learn get best out of using the www. Its all new still ,I got a 2nd laptop contacted dell swap owner ,📀 Dell wanted payment to even help bit dissaponted as never ad 1 but as I really don't no wot am doing '' hence 2nd " , Not noing it should. Of ad reinstall disk ,📀📀 its on windows 7 I can't now login I can't get past it get on command prompt even on safe mode Trying get advice so I can , its guns need updating prob use flash drive with clean version on ,But read a lot bad comments problems with Windows 10 herd of 8 +8.1 for beginner any advice be helpful 🙋🙋

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS