Windows Installer running in background!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflemaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Please Help!

When trying to install a few apps on my PC, every one of them told me that there was "Another installation in progress."
After trying to install Windows Installer again from an elevated command prompt from dllcache, installers still tell me that there is "Another installation in progress."
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Solution

Try this;

- Open regedit,
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
- Find your service name (folder)
- Open it & modify
- Start from "anything" to 4 to disable the service

NOTE:
0 Kernel Represents a part of the (Boot) driver stack for the boot (startup) volume and must therefore be loaded by the
Boot Loader.

1 I/O Represents a driver to be loaded (System) subsystem at Kernel initialization.

2 Service To be loaded or started
(Auto load) Control automatically for all startups,
Manager regardless of service type.

3 Service Available, regardless of type, (Load on Control but will not be started until demand) manager the user starts it (for example...

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

You can try Right-click on the Computer icon, wherever it exists on your system, and select Manage. This opens the Computer Management utility. Select Services, right click on Windows Installer in the list and select Properties. If you’re having the problem, the Windows Installer service is started, and the Stop button is disabled. Simply rebooting doesn’t stop the service.
Here’s how you stop it. In the Properties dialog, change Startup type to “Disabled”, click OK, and reboot your computer. This stops the service. After your computer reboots, again open Computer Management (right-click on Computer and select Manage), open Windows Installer Properties, and change the Startup type back to Manual. Now you’re good to go and can start a new installation.

Hope this helps.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

Try this;

- Open regedit,
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
- Find your service name (folder)
- Open it & modify
- Start from "anything" to 4 to disable the service

NOTE:
0 Kernel Represents a part of the (Boot) driver stack for the boot (startup) volume and must therefore be loaded by the
Boot Loader.

1 I/O Represents a driver to be loaded (System) subsystem at Kernel initialization.

2 Service To be loaded or started
(Auto load) Control automatically for all startups,
Manager regardless of service type.

3 Service Available, regardless of type, (Load on Control but will not be started until demand) manager the user starts it (for example, by using the Devices icon in Control Panel).

4 Service NOT TO BE STARTED UNDER ANY (disabled) Control CONDITIONS manager

Solution

wafflemaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.