Question Windows keeps asking to install DirectPlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2021
Hi. A few days ago Windows 10 asked me to install DirectPlay. This was something like: this application requires you to install DirectPlay. Off course there was no mention WHICH application, but anyway... I clicked to install it. Whole the process seemed to procede fine but from that moment I keep getting the monit to install DirectPlay.
No matter what I choose - to install it or to skip, the Windows is asking for it again and again each few minutes.

I've checked how it looks in programs and functions and Direct Play is on and checked.
So how to get rid of this monit?

Oct 23, 2021
  1. Right click Start
  2. Click Apps and Features
  3. Click Optional features
  4. Scroll down and click on More Windows features
  5. Search there for Legacy Components
  6. Click the + to expand
  7. Check the box for DirectPlay
  8. Press OK

Thanks but as I said before I've looked for it in apps and features and it's already marked on.

Did you install an old game?

Is something like "Zombie Army 4 Dead War" an old game?

Oct 23, 2021
Steam but does it really matter?
I don't see a coincidence. It's just i was playing it lately. AND what's more the problem isn't that windows wants to install it. The problem is it's demanding it over and over - even thou it IS active.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im not sure sorry. Maybe something here might catch your eye to try

https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/enable-directplay-windows-10/?amp

The game you're playing shouldn't require directplay but something else running in the background could be. Check startup programs in task manager to see if anything there is worth a look and visit destination folder. Try compatibility mode set to Winxp sp2 or 3 for anything of interest including your game's launch app to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.