Windows keeps BSOD while under load?

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hello all,
I finished building my computer for Christmas and it's been working pretty much great so far. However, whenever I'm plying a graphic intensive game (right now, mainly DayZ and Metro: Last Light) sometimes I'll get an error saying that I should disable my color scheme to improve performance. If I click "keep the same" I will eventually BSOD. If I do change the color scheme, I'm OK. I have looked up whether I keep getting these errors evaluate of my motherboard drivers not being up to date (the newest ones I have were on the CD) or my PSU not being powerful enough. Any recommendations on what to do?
Specs:
I7 4770k
GTX 770 SC
ASUS MAXIMUS VI MOBO
CORSAIR TX650 PSU
2 sticks 8gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

According to the program, there have been no bluescreens. Also, I didnt mean to choose your answer as best, it was an accident and Im not sure how to reverse it.

most likely windows was not set to save the memory dump and just do a reboot.
To check minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Uncheck Automatically restart is box.
Under the Write Debugging Information select Small memory dump .
the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.

reboot

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
So I just got another bluescreen, and this one actually froze my computer. I was able to read what it said. It told me to update any software and to remove new hardware to see if thats the problem. Thing is, this is a brand new computer with all new hardware. Everything is installed correctly. That program still comes up with no crashes. Please help!

google on how to configure windows for a memory dump and check the settings. On some machines the vendor will move the memory dump location or turn it off and you have to turn it back on.