Question Windows Key Not Opening Windows Start Menu

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. Just recently my Windows key stopped working so I tried searching and came across an article from Microsoft about some solutions that can be done to fix this. One of the top fixes was "apply pending updates" which my PC did have. After updating to:

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎06/‎10/‎2022
OS build 22621.819
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

Clicking on the Windows Taskbar button opened the start menu however the key still didn't work. I decided to go to task manager (with admin priviliges) and it turned out that SearchHost.exe was Suspended/Stopped however right clicking it didn't present me the option to set it to "Running". In the article by Microsoft it did mention that doing "End Task" on the process would "reset" it so it would run normally however when I monitored it in Task Manager it seemed that by me pressing the Windows Key triggered it to be set to Suspended (I didn't test this with other keys however).
I decided to then run the Troubleshooter (built in Windows settings) and even with SearchHost.exe still listed as suspended it came up with "no issues were detected/present".
The only other solution I can think of would be the Windows Powershell Reset Script however that is listed as going back to Windows 10 Version 1903 (not Windows 11) from 2019...

Any solutions to fix this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried this?

right click start
choose Terminal (admin) - if it doesn't open as Powershell, click the drop down arrow in title row and pick from list

copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter
Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

is it the actual key? has keyboard got 2 win keys? some do

Last edited:

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
have you tried this?

right click start
choose Terminal (admin) - if it doesn't open as Powershell, click the drop down arrow in title row and pick from list

copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter
Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

is it the actual key? has keyboard got 2 win keys? some do
Okay... So it came up with "Windows Resource Protection Found Some Corrupt Files and Successfully Fixed Them........" however when I tried using the Window key again it still didn't work. My keyboard only has 1 Windows key (left side next to "Ctrl" and "FN"