Windows Live Mail for Windows 7 64 bit can't send new or reply emails

Doc Sheldon

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
When I try to create a new email, reply to one or forward one, I get this message:

A problem occurred while trying to open this message.
A problem has occurred. Please try again.

I went through the process of repairing all Windows Essentials Programs in Windows Essentials 2012, but it did no good. Any ideas? I've exported all my accounts and emails - do I need to delete WLM and reinstall, or is there possibly an easier way to get this working again?

Mantea

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

I went through this same problem and it eat up my whole day doing uploads, downloads, updates, down dates, backdates, front dates... You name it, I tried it! Not one single person, nor tech seamed to be able to help me... The very last thing I tried, should have been the first... But who knew? Here's the four simple steps that worked for me... 1) Click START... 2) Click ALL PROGRAMS... 3) Right Click WINDOWS LIVE MAIL... 4) Left Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR... That's it!!! And it did the trick for me... I don't know how the program stopped recognizing me as an administrator, but it did and it's now fixed... Hope this helps save time for other people with the same problem... Good Luck!!! ;-)

Kenny Fray

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014

I know this thread is old but I had the same problem and this worked for me...THANK YOU MANTEA !!!!!

Mantea

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

Glad I could help!!! Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

rcjarcja

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
YOU WERE RIGHT!
I had this problem for days and I Googled it and had all kinds of suggestions on what to do; download or update etc.
But I tried this first and it WORKED! THANK YOU!
1) Click START... 2) Click ALL PROGRAMS... 3) Right Click WINDOWS LIVE MAIL... 4) Left Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Mantea

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

It's so simple once you know... Right? Took me all day to figure this out... Thanks for your communication!!! Glad this helped... Enjoy your day!!! ManTea

Mantea

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
danny2000, why are you asking me this question? ... I have no problems since I figured out the permanent solution on my own... ONE TIME FIX DOES THE TRICK!!! I'm responding to others that like my solution... It works! You should try it... Be my guest... Enjoy your day!

P.S. This works WITHOUT uninstalling the program... Share freely... And, NO...I don't have an expert badge... I was just a frustrated consumer that figured out a solution---the techs could not... HERE'S MY SOLUTION AGAIN ... 1) Click START... 2) Click ALL PROGRAMS... 3) Right Click WINDOWS LIVE MAIL... 4) Left Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR... That's it!!! And it did the trick for me... ManTea

Mantea

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
P.P.S. ... I NEVER voted for danny2000 as best answer... Somehow when I came back to this site, it said I had already voted for him... Now, why would I vote for the wrong answer? Something smells fishy... Go figure!!! ManTea

walt_11

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

walt_11

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I want to put all my contacts back to windows live mail the default one Microsoft moved all contacts when they wanted me to sign up with Skype. I didn't and the contacts remain there with Hotmail account. cannot send mail as all contacts are in the Hotmail account. want to transfer the contacts to the default mail service windows live mail. that's it.

grangecam

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

grangecam

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Mantea, That solution worked for me too, just this minute. Thank God someone knows how to solve these insane windows problems! Microsoft certainly does not. I have not read one useful post by anyone from Microsoft. You would think they would know about a simple solution like this.
You just saved me many hours of hard labor. thank you Mantea

That's actually a work-around, and not a solution.

LittleEmm

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Thanks Mantea! I have used Windows Live Mail for 4+ years on this computer - no a problem. Until 2 days ago when I started getting this error message. Don't really care if its a solution, or a work-around - it works!! :bounce: