Question Windows Macro To Remove Backup Extensions In File Name

Aug 10, 2020
I am new to this forum, and, thought this post should be posted here. If not, sorry. Please let me know where I can post this.

I am using a CAD program that backs up the whole assembly with ".1" . I am not well versed in macros. But, I was thinking, there has to be a way a macro can go through all the file names in a directory and delete ".1" if it is at the end of the filename.

Am I correct?

If so, what would the macro program look like? And, then, how do I execute the macro?

Aug 10, 2020
Why do you need that ".1" removed?

And wouldn't removal of that mess up whatever the CAD program is doing?

In order to save a "copy", I had to do a backup. This allowed me to copy it onto my local computer. It's a company practice, so, we don't accidently overwrite on a file that we weren't supposed to.

I am removing the ".1" so I can load the assembly and copy the assembly and rename it. Then, I can use that assembly locally on my computer and do some modifications.

USAFRet

Titan
In order to save a "copy", I had to do a backup. This allowed me to copy it onto my local computer. It's a company practice, so, we don't accidently overwrite on a file that we weren't supposed to.

I am removing the ".1" so I can load the assembly and copy the assembly and rename it. Then, I can use that assembly locally on my computer and do some modifications.
Then, even more....discuss with your IT people.