[SOLVED] windows mail problem

So this is my problem , I normally use thunderbird for emails but sometimes if I click on an email contact us address on a web page the windows mail program opens. I suspected that sent emails were not arriving so I sent one to myself using the program and it did not arrive. The mail program does not seem to have a sent box unless I cant find it.

The only work around I can do is when the mail program opens on a website is I have to copy paste the email address into thunderbird.

Apart from uninstalling the mail/calendar program does anyone know how to stop mail opening up and also why is it not sending the emails.

Solution
If you've never set up an account with the Mail app, then it's likely never going to send anything. As for that program opening when you click on a mail link, have you tried changing the default application to Thunderbird?

-Wolf sends

P.S. I would note that some web sites are hard coded to use MS Apps. No matter what you have set up, some link will only open in Edge. Some e-mails will only open in MS Mail.

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you've never set up an account with the Mail app, then it's likely never going to send anything. As for that program opening when you click on a mail link, have you tried changing the default application to Thunderbird?

-Wolf sends

P.S. I would note that some web sites are hard coded to use MS Apps. No matter what you have set up, some link will only open in Edge. Some e-mails will only open in MS Mail.

Solution
Hello wolf the windows mail program had my email address in it but i never used it so maybe thats why nothing ever got sent. Anyway , i did what you told me and i remembered a site from early on in the day that open up mail program. I went back on and good news it said the edge wants to open thunderbird yes/no . I said yes , of course you have to close the browser or you cant see thunderbird ready to use. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Big thanks from England