Question Windows Media Creation Tool loop - Please Help

Apr 26, 2019
I have installed Windows Media Creation Tool on a 64GB USB stick and I'm trying to install it on my 500GB SSD. When I put the USB in the PC it starts to install and when it is done it restarts but then when restarting it just boots up to the Windows Media Creation Tool again. I have tried to pull out the USB while the 10-second count down I happening, but didn't work. I have tried to pull out the USB after I installed it on my SSD and then tried to boot from my SSD but then it just loads for about 10 seconds but then it sends me to the BIOS. I have deleted all partitions, so my SSD is totally wiped. I have tried to manually boot from my SSD but still now working. I have tried going into the BIOS and set the USB UEFI to be the first boot priority and then my SSD as the second priority, but that still didn't work, and I have also tried it with the other way around. BTW I have my windows activation key and i am using a z390 aorus Ultra motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Motherboard manual - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-ultra_1001_190219_e.pdf

Your bios has a choice on the Save and Exit tab called Boot Override. What this does is chooses 1 drive to boot from once and then next time it will use normal boot order

Do this.
On Boot screen, set ssd as the 1st item
On Boot override screen, set the USB (see page 44 of manual)
Save and restart. PC will boot from USB once and then when it restarts, it will use the SSD like it should

Apr 26, 2019
Motherboard manual - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-ultra_1001_190219_e.pdf

Your bios has a choice on the Save and Exit tab called Boot Override. What this does is chooses 1 drive to boot from once and then next time it will use normal boot order

Do this.
On Boot screen, set ssd as the 1st item
On Boot override screen, set the USB (see page 44 of manual)
Save and restart. PC will boot from USB once and then when it restarts, it will use the SSD like it should
I can’t change the boot override screen so that my USB is the first priority, I don’t know how do it because I can’t just switch them around as I can in the boot sequence screen

Colif

Win 11 Master
Boot Override Allows you to select a device to boot immediately. Press on the device you select and select Yes to confirm. Your system will restart automatically and boot from that device.

From your manual

this video shows menu at 8.50 in but he doesn't click it so sigh.. it might still help: