[SOLVED] Windows media player back in menu after I gotted rid of it

Sep 3, 2019
OK. One more Windows 7 problems. I no like Windows media player. I found way and gotted rid of it from menu right click.

It gone for while but now it back with about 3 entries in menu and I is mad!

Did they sneek it in updates? I never ask for none of this! If it in update is anyone knowing which one? I uninstall if anyone is knowings!

Solution
What I try to say is that Windows may revert thing if they think that the user have performed changes against default settings.

But the inner working of Windows I don't know, so the excact reason why WMP get back to the menu remains unknown.

What i DO know from the time I used to thinker around in W7 registry is that there is several places in registry where menu options are stored. If you delete one, then there is a backup - and most probably, many of those get reverted on Windows update.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Windows Media Player is likely a piece of Windows that cannot be permanently removed. If an update finds it's missing, Windows will replace it.

If you don't like it, don't use it. You can change your default media player to whatever you choose it to be.

-Wolf sends

Sep 3, 2019
I tooked it off menu. I no uninstall it.

So you all is sayings that if we takings it away they think it missing and it come back. I only tooked it off menu and you all is sayings they is thinking it gone and puttings it back anyways?

What I try to say is that Windows may revert thing if they think that the user have performed changes against default settings.

But the inner working of Windows I don't know, so the excact reason why WMP get back to the menu remains unknown.

What i DO know from the time I used to thinker around in W7 registry is that there is several places in registry where menu options are stored. If you delete one, then there is a backup - and most probably, many of those get reverted on Windows update.

Solution
Sep 3, 2019
I havings 10 on good computer and I hate it want to kick it! This backup computer Good one almost rebuilt.

Actually good computer run 8. I usinged Classic Shell make 8 just like 7. Then I runnings 7, 10 virchual and thinkings of maybe Linux Mint XK somethings.

10 only virchual and I using it only if have to. I no likings it at all!