[SOLVED] Windows memory diagnostic extended test stuck at 10% overall test status for 1day tried everit

Apr 9, 2021
Windows memory diagnostic when set to extended test gets stuck at 10 percent overall status running testpast 1 of 2: 21% complete,already tried cleanboot still the same and have done memtest86 passed all the test, its been stuck for more than 24 hours does this mean faulty ram or i just ignore it since it passed memtest86?? Thanks in advance i have 8gb ram

Solution
those can all be drivers so reinstall is sure one way to make windows 10 get all new drivers.

do this in case you get some
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link...

Colif

Win 11 Master
stop test, its not going anywhere unless you like have 64gb of ram and a really slow pc, then maybe...

if it passes memtest, it might be the test thats broken

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Apr 9, 2021
Ok, my laptop have been crashing lately different kinds of bsod memory management dpc watchdog violation etc. then i decided its time to format it and clean install windows 10 and it seems to solve all the problems then i started to check all the hardwares hdd, sdd etc. Just to double check that its not the hardware thats causing the bsod and its just the software pre format, all seems fine until ive come to test ram using wmd which is that stuck in 10 percent anyway its all fine now no more bsod just double checking thanks for your time

Colif

Win 11 Master
those can all be drivers so reinstall is sure one way to make windows 10 get all new drivers.

do this in case you get some
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution