Question Windows memtest vs memtest86

Is memtest86 that much better than windows internal test? As I've been getting some bsods lately, which seem to be memory related, as all other "fixes" have been done. I will soon pull the sticks, clean, inspect and reinstall. But my radiator kinda blocks it, so I've been putting it off. I have ran countless windows memory tests and zero errors, but still have some bsods while gaming. Some games work,but some I can only play for as little as ten minutes. This is a problem, as this is a gaming rig only, so I kinda want to game on it. Lol.

So should I go grab a flash drive and run memtest? Or go by windows results? Again I will be removing, cleaning and inspecting ram physically asap. More than likely I'll do it after work tomorrow.

Lutfij

Titan
Might it be possible to pass on your full system's specs? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I would ask you to work with memtest86 and have it run for at least 10 passes to rule out faulty ram. Which BIOS version are you on at the moment?

CPU: I5 6600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard: Asus maximus viii hero
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws V, 3000mhz. 2x8gb
SSD/HDD: WD blue 250gb m.2 sata boot
WD blue 2tb ssd and Samsung 850evo 1tb ssd storage
GPU: Evga RTX 2080 xc gaming, with ek vector block.
PSU: Corsair hx750i
Chassis: Fractal design R6

BIOS version is 1802, I want to say. Almost positive on that. I'll have to double check after work. Its the latest version as I double checked. Updating everything was one of the so called fixes I tried.

I'll grab a usb drive this afternoon and start on memtest. Pass on the results as soon as I have them.

Memtest86 done. Zero errors, 4 passes. The overclock I had is now off, and I'll be doing it following the guide on here. After a few benchmarks and a little gaming at factory to see if im.still getting bsods. Ran realbench no issue.

Odd issue though. After running realbench, it will not reopen after the initial time. Have to reinstall.