Question Windows Most Programs crashing

jackstar19

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
Hello,

I've been having a very weird problem with my PC for a few days now.
When I try to start any programs (most of them) just crash after a few seconds. No errors or anything, they're just wiped out of existence.
But, it's not all of them. CMD, Explorer, Chrome, Discord, Steam, Uplay, CSGO,and some more work, but that's it and I can't really think of any common between those.
I'm having a hard time troubleshooting because a lot of programs required for that just won't work properly. For example, upgrading Graphics Drivers doesn't work because the Radeon upgrading software crashes.
I can't even reset windows since the Program used for that also crashes immediately.

I didn't change any of my hardware and no system settings whatsoever. It might sound weird but if I remeber correctly, the problems started occuring after Among Us suddenly crashed.

If it helps, my specs:
B450 Aorus Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
RX Vega 56
G.Skill TridentZ 16GB
Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB HDD

Do you have any ideas what could cause this?

Last edited:

jackstar19

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
Thank you for the Safe Mode Tip (The SSD is 50% empty)
When in safe mode, the programs are working properly, which lets me assume that something is wrong with my graphics driver?
If that's the case, how do I go about properly updating it, because drivers can't be installed in safe mode and the process crashes in normal mode?

Edit:
When booting in Safe Mode it automatically performed a repair of my OS-Disk and from there on it sometimes worked after rebooting and sometimes didn't.
I've managed to update the Graphics Driver, didn't help.

Edit:
SOLVED
I've found the program causing it. Asus GPU Tweak II.

Last edited:
Reactions: rgd1101