Question Windows no longer stick to the edge of taskbar

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Hello.
I haven't recently updated windows, but once I updated my Nvidia driver to v531.41, I noticed an annoying issue.

I started noticing it with Nvidia Control panel, you see how the cancel and apply buttons for settings are at the bottom right corner? well they are now hidden behind task bar.
See the image:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

In other apps like Microsoft Edge, if I stick the window up to have it in fullscreen, it will cover the ENTIRE screen, as if it was in fullscreen mode (F11) But it isn't, because if I press F11 the address bar and tabs hide (which is the true fullscreen mode)

To explain the issue in a more general way:
Windows (not the operating system, windows themselves) previously considered taskbar to be the border of screen, and wouldn't exceed that border. But now when in borderless mode (when you stick the windows up) they completely ignore it even exists and either cases happen:
It is overridden (like edge)
They extend beyond and behind it, then a portion of app is not visible.

I really want to keep using the Nvidia RTX Video Super Res feature, I haven't tried rolling back to old drivers, because I don't know what would a driver update have to do with how windows function anyway? this is really weird. And annoying...
Any help would be appreciated or if you've faced similar issue. Thanks.

UPDATE: MY GOD! This is worse than I thought, see this:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Even the start menu is behind taskbar...
Yes the bottom right corner, that's the power button! 2/3 of it is buried under task bar...

Last edited by a moderator:

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
UPDATE: After a bit of tinkering around, Windows update fixed it!
But RIP me because I have ADATA's SX8200 Pro which an article mentioned people with that SSD have issues on windows latest update.

TRENDING THREADS